Daily Telos has developed and deployed a smart contract for public use with the Telos Blockchain. It is a modest contract that is great as an adjunct to your dApp or smart contract.
Contract operates on Telos mainnet and testnet under the account: data.scribe
Detailed specifications can be found on our github.
In medieval times, a scribe was the trusted member of an organization that would keep and log records. Today, in the world of cryptocurrency, our scribe contract becomes a ready-built configurable logging system for your project’s records.
In summary, the contract enables users such as dApps or Oracles to post content to the Telos blockchain. They can post in a text message format (using message action) or they can post directly to RAM (using update action).
- Posting longer string data to Telos Blockchain, creating a historical record at the time of entry.
- Embedding variables inside your text message which then update to RAM.
- RAM variable updates using: unsigned integers, integers, assets, or strings.
- Logging to RAM based on time period, categorizing data based on: hour, day, month, year
- Mathematical operations on variable data such as: set value, add, subtract, multiply, divide, modulus, min value, max value.
- Multiple values updated at once in a single contract action.
- Auto-clearing of old values when logging new data over time (see tlimit).
- Variable names and rows scoped to user account calling the update / message actions.
- Users may call clearing functions to free up their RAM at any time.
Example Use Cases
- An Oracle can post a string message to ACTION message, and embed within there a value of a currency. This contract can log the min and max value of that currency on an hourly basis.
- Your dApp can log a JSON string via ACTION message.
- Your dApp could have users log in RAM their own account profile / settings data for your dApp, which charges RAM to their Telos account.
- Great for linking to a front-end which produces charts over time period, based on data your oracle submitted.
- Stats tracking for your smart contract, just call the ACTION update.